Shelf | Mantel | Table Clocks
Seth Thomas “Flat top tambour”
· Very unusual case shape (perhaps rare?) has the curved sides of a typical tambour, but the central part of the case has a flat top instead of rounded
· Case is made of wood veneered in Seth Thomas’ patented rosewood “Adamantine” (an early celluloid plastic made to resemble rare woods and stone).
· Case is highly polished like a piano (as it should be), but has veneer cracking at the base on the left and small chips missing on the lower corners.
· Contains its original Seth Thomas #89 8 day time and strike movement (hour strike on gong coil and half hour on nickel plated bell).
· Also retains its original celluloid dial, blued hands and pendulum.
Circa 1880 Priced at $375.00